BJs

BJs

Friday, May 25, 2012

The Third Album 1964





The Third Album 1964
The only thing wrong with The Third Album is that it's too short. At this juncture, just one year after recording her first solo album, Barbra had refined her singing -- lessening the over-the-top dramatics and emphasizing the beauty of her vocals -- the bel canto quality. You still heard her big, passion-filled performances like "Never Will I Marry" and "I Had Myself A True Love," but the overall feel of the album is intimate and seductive, like "Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered," "Make Believe" and "As Time Goes By." Undiscovered gem: "Taking A Chance On Love."

My Melancholy Baby
Just In Time
Taking A Chance On Love
Bewitched Bothered and Bewildered
Never Will I Marry
As Time Goes By
Draw Me a Circle
It Had to Be You
Make Believe
I Had Myself a True Love


Click HERE to return to Barbra's Discography.

No comments:

Post a Comment