BJs

BJs

Friday, May 25, 2012

The Second Barbra Streisand Album 1963


The Second Barbra Streisand Album 1963
After the success of The Barbra Streisand Album, Columbia had a new Barbra album into stores just six months later. Barbra chose to be bolder (take a look at that sexy cover) and more dramatic for her second go-round. You can hear it especially on the Harold Arlen material -- "Any Place I Hang My Hat," "When the Sun Comes Out," "Down with Love" and "Like A Straw in the Wind." She simply soars when singing his music. Peter Matz's "Gotta Move," written just for Barbra, is also a stand-out performance. Composers John Kander and Fred Ebb (Cabaret, Funny Lady) are represented by two songs -- "I Don't Care Much" a terrific, bittersweet song, and the poignant, sad "My Coloring Book." As for an undiscovered gem, "Right As the Rain" is a real beauty.

Anyplace I Hang My Hat Is Home
Right As the Rain
Down With Love
Who Will Buy?
When The Sun Comes Out
Gotta Move
My Coloring Book
I Don't Care Much
Lover, Come Back to Me
I Stayed Too Long At the Fair
Like a Straw in the Wind

Click HERE to return to Barbra's Discography.

No comments:

Post a Comment